Located just west of the up and coming Kirkwood Station, 13-acre Coan Park is a popular location for rec sports leagues, pickup basketball and neighborhood BBQ's thanks to the large pavilion and ample picnic tables.
Location: 1530 Woodbine Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30317
Workout equipment: At the south end of the park near the large playground is a generous array of fitness equipment.
- A lat pull down, designed to strengthen the upper back, shoulders, biceps, and core
- A chest press for the chest, shoulders, upper and mid abs, forearms, and triceps
- A vertical press for shoulder and arm muscles
- A leg press for the quads and calves
- A cross-country ski machine for strengthening leg muscles, improving cardio endurance, and improving agility
- An inclined sit-up/crunch bench for strengthening the obliques and abdominal muscles
- An air walker for cardio endurance
- A pendulum machine with built-in abs and dips station for mobility and strength work
- A power rower for cardio endurance and strengthening the back, shoulders, arms, and abdominal muscles
- A set of two-level horizontal bars for pull-ups and chin-ups
Since most of the equipment can accommodate at least two people at a time, 20+ users at once can take advantage of this outdoor gym.
Other amenities: tennis courts, basketball courts, baseball/softball field, large open field, playground, rec center, running paths, small amphitheater, large pavilion.